Each short documentary can be downloaded for use in the classroom along with a fact sheet that may be implemented across learning areas and age groups.
Fact sheets include additional in depth information, behind the scenes photographs and interactive maps to compliment the documentary. Fact sheets establish the relevance of the science and its connection to the everyday lives of local people in the region, while emphasizing a global, environmental perspective. They are also an excellent starting point for researchbased activities.
Whales of the Mediterranean Sea –
(A special 5-part series about Whales and Dolphins in the Mediterranean)
- Part 1 – “Mediterranean – The Sea in the Middle of the Earth” (12 minutes 30 seconds)
- Part 2 – “Sperm Whales of Greece – Life in the Trenches” (17 minutes, 21 seconds)
- Part 3 – “Fishy Business – The Illegal Driftnet Fishery” (13 minutes, 53 seconds)
- Part 4 – “Disappearing Dolphins” (17 minutes, 30 seconds)
- Part 5 – “Sanctuaries of the Sea – Are Marine Protected Areas for Cetaceans a Solution?” (15 minutes 32 seconds)
Wake of the Baiji (8 Minutes)
Southern Right Whales of Argentina (23 Minutes)